|Academic field||Historical and philosophical studies (JACS V000)
|Nominal duration||1,5 years (90 ECTS)|
|Awards||MA (Master of Humanities)|
|Tuition fee||€2,600.00 per year|
|Application fee||€100.00 one-time
Vytautas Magnus University
Application fee is not refundable.
Undergraduate diploma (or higher)
Background knowledge in social sciences and humanities (30 ECTS credits), good command of English, working skills in writing and spelling.
You must take verified copies of the entry qualification documents along with you when you finally go to the university.
A motivation letter must be added to your application.
Education Documents (University Diplima and Transcript of Records) might be asked to be approved by ‘Apostille’ or legalized by Center of Quality Assessment in Higher Education in Lithuania www.skvc.lt in special cases.
The postgraduate programme of Migration politics and history of diasporas (MPHD) is the first and only graduate programme in Lithuania and Baltic States that offers English courses in the field of Migration politics and comparative historical narratives of diasporas. The programme is mainly oriented towards analysis of migration and diasporas history, present-day migration processes and migration policy trends. The best and most motivated students will be encouraged to study at least one semester abroad at one of VMU’s partner universities in Europe.
• Knowledge of contemporary migration politics and history of diasporas.
• Ability to analyse critically contemporary migration policy in Europe and history processes of diasporas.
• Understanding of changes and development trends of governmental, public, political and business structures on issues related to history of migration and Diasporas, and migration policy..
• Effective participation in the scientific and public debate on migration, migration policy, history and culture of Diasporas.
• Ability to use research, communication and evaluation methods and tools in educational, informational, consultation and other activities.