|Academic field||Business and administrative studies (JACS N000)
|Awards||BA (Bachelor in Social Work)|
|Tuition fee||€1,700.00 per year|
|Application fee||€100.00 one-time
Vytautas Magnus University bank details:
Application fee is not refundable.
High school / secondary education (or higher)
The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: English / Lithuanian.
Often you can get a suitable transcript from your school. If this is not the case, you will need official translations along with verified copies of the original.
You must take verified copies of the entry qualification documents along with you when you finally go to the university.
Specific requirements for Non-EU applicants:
Education Documents (School degree Diploma and Transcript of Records) might be asked to be approved by ‘Apostille’ or legalized by Center of Quality Assessment in Higher Education in Lithuania www.skvc.lt in special cases.
The purpose of Social work first cycle studies is to prepare well-educated, open for innovations, critically thinking generalist social workers for the fast changing national and international employment market.
The graduates of the first cycle study program are prepared to work with different groups of clients seeking to identify their psychosocial needs and potential, plan, organize and coordinate social work processes, evaluate the changes of people’s social functioning and changes in the society; strive for social justice and implementation of human rights.
After the completion of studies graduates will be awarded the university Bachelor degree in social work.
In the second year of studies students have Introductory field practice (4 credits). They visit various social service, educational, health care, law programs and institutions. The main goal of the field practice is to get acquainted with the different fields of professional social work practice. In the third and fourth year of studies students have professional social work field practice at the selected organization. The goal of this field practice is to develop social work skills with different clients’ groups, to collaborate with social workers and different professionals in real professional situations. There are 12 credits for this field practice. In the fourth year of studies students have the pre-diploma field practice (3 credits). Students integrate professional experience with the final research project.
Having completed the studies Social work bachelors will be able to:
• Analyse the latest research based social work theories, which explain human development and complex interaction of a human being with environment (micro, mezo, macro levels) from the holistic perspective linking social changes, problem solving and people empowerment in the context of human rights.
• Critically apply the newest social work theories and methods of practice following professional ethical principles and values while solving complex social work problems.
• Apply intervention and prevention strategies acting purposefully and ethically in real unpredictable practical situations.
• Apply quantitative and qualitative research methods identifying social problems, anticipating organizational and social changes in human environment and development of social work profession.
• Evaluate social work process with individual, family or/and a small group in unpredictable situations.
• Make social projects to solve specialized social work problems, applying principles of organizing social services and principles of project or program management.
• Evaluate trends of Lithuanian and foreign social policy and national social security system preparing recommendations for social policy implementation.
• Demonstrate effective communication skills (with clients, colleagues, other professionals) solving complex and unpredictable social work problems.
• Integrate different forms of professional development (reflection, professional supervision, conferences) following lifelong learning principles.