|Academic field||Technologies (JACS J000)
|Nominal duration||4 years|
|Awards||BA (Bachelor in Biotechnology)|
|Tuition fee||€2,600.00 per year|
|Application fee||€100.00 one-time
Vytautas Magnus University bank details:
Application fee is not refundable.
High school / secondary education (or higher)
The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: English / Lithuanian / Russian.
Often you can get a suitable transcript from your school. If this is not the case, you will need official translations along with verified copies of the original.
Education Documents (School degree Diploma and Transcript of Records) will need to be assessed by the accredited institution during the first semester of studies.
You must take verified copies of the entry qualification documents along with you when you finally go to the university.
A motivation letter must be added to your application.
The general aims of Biotechnology undergraduate programme are to educate the competent specialists and researches in the chosen research and study area. To empower them to develop intellectual competencies in order to be capable to participate in research advancements, to take responsibilities in research and practice developments as well as to disseminate knowledge. More specifically this programme aims:
• To deepen competencies in biology, biochemistry, genetics, immunology, microbiology, molecular biology and other subjects essential for an advanced level of biotechnology specialist.
• To provide students with the scientific, intellectual and practical education in order they would be capable to empower themselves for lifelong learning and career in biotechnology.
• To provide for students the supportive learning environment fostering their academic, professional and personal development.
The purpose of the programme is to prepare a competitive qualified biotechnology professionals with knowledge and skills of classic and modern chemistry, physics, biology, biochemistry and other basic sciences as well as applied biotechnology subjects (bioinformatics, plant, animal, pharmaceutical and molecular biotechnology) which are required for application of biotechnology in the practical and professional activities in creating new products and technologies, starting their own business or for pursuing further studies.
• Research science positions in laboratories applying biotechnology to problems in medicine, industry, and agriculture.
• Laboratory and production technician positions in biotechnology, pharmaceutic, food, cosmetic, agriculture and biochemical industries.
• Companies related to biotechnology, biopharmaceutics, health services, environmental agencies, cosmetic, environmental control and food industry.
• Management positions in the biotechnology industry and related government institutions.
• Positions at companies that are investing in biotechnology.