|Academic field||Social studies (JACS L000)
|Nominal duration||2 years|
|Awards||MA (Master of Social Sciences (in the study field of Social Work))|
|Tuition fee||€2,600.00 per year|
|Application fee||€100.00 one-time
Vytautas Magnus University
Application fee is not refundable.
Undergraduate diploma (or higher)
The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: English.
Often you can get a suitable transcript from your school. If this is not the case, you will need official translations along with verified copies of the original.
You must take verified copies of the entry qualification documents along with you when you finally go to the university.
A motivation letter must be added to your application.
Education Documents (University Cerificate and Transcript of Records) will need to be assessed by the accredited institution during the first semester of studies.
Social Work Master study programme integrates research, theory reflection and practice. The aim of the Programme is to prepare an advanced social worker who is able to research contextualised practice and act integrating and developing professional knowledge, skills, values, enhancing the solution of human interaction and personal relation with environment problems, initiating social changes and innovations in pursuit of person’s and societal welfare, strengthening civic society and developing professional competences. Programme is targeted at ensuring the development of learning, reflectivity, critical thinking and transferable skills of students as researching practitioners.
The learning outcomes of the programme are defined, taking into account the relevant international and local guidelines and documents, and they are compatible with Level 7 of the national and European Qualifications Framework. The contents of the second cycle Social Work study programme learning outcomes states that having completed the studies graduates will be able to:
- Develop social work research and produce social work knowledge;
- Analyse the mission and objectives of contemporary social work in the local and global context promoting human rights and social justice;
- Reflect the integrity of theory, practice and ethics in social work process;
- Analyse the interrelations between social policy, social structures and resources and design social projects;
- Critically analyse interactions between social worker and client and perform interventions in complex situations;
- Apply social work intervention methods emphasising participation of clients in the change process;
- Understand the principles, methods and restrictions of social worker activity in organisation and community;
- Reflect the learning and professional experience, professional relations in organisations and continue learning independently, developing social work profession.
- Continue studies in doctoral programs (PhD) in sociology, social work, science of education and in other social sciences programs;
- To work as a managers and as a superior social workers in social security, education, healthcare, law institutions: social support departments in municipalities, social services centres, residential care institutions, day-care and community centres, nongovernmental organizations, hospitals, prisons, schools, universities, colleges, social research organizations.
Program graduates are able to plan, organize and manage social services; design and implement national and international social work programs and projects; carry out social research; implement preventive programs; teach in social work programs; develop social workers` competences; plan, implement and evaluate intervention process working with individuals, groups, families and communities.