|Academic field||Creative arts and design (JACS W000)
|Nominal duration||3,5 Years (210 ECTS)|
|Awards||BA (Bachelor in Arts (Double diploma))|
|Tuition fee||€5,320.00 per year|
|Application fee||€100.00 one-time
Vytautas Magnus University bank details:
Application fee is not refundable.
High school / secondary education (or higher)
Applicants for the Fashion Design programme should have obtained secondary education certificate or equivalent degree.
You must take verified copies of the entry qualification documents along with you when you finally go to the university.
A motivation letter must be added to your application.
A relevant portfolio is required.
Applicant should submit an e-portfolio, CD or DVD of his/her recent work and to participate in an interview, which can take place on-line if the applicant cannot be present.
Education Documents (School degree Diploma and Transcript of Records) might be asked to be approved by ‘Apostille’ or legalized by Center of Quality Assessment in Higher Education in Lithuania www.skvc.lt in special cases.
The programme aims to equip contemporary music producers with everything they need in their successful professional career. Everything you learn is designed to help you to start your own successful career. You will create real life projects according to the on-going possibilities at the university (performing at live events, media compositions, music concerts). The course is mainly based on practice, thus you will study a broad range of topics – including composition structure, creating harmonies and melodies, enhancing recording skills in studio/ concert environment, mixing and mastering techniques, marketing skills – with the ultimate aim to create a successful music portfolio of your own innovative, professional compositions.
The covered study areas include:
• compositional and technical skills;
• research skills;
• exploration of the creative uses of sound manipulation;
• developing knowledge of critical and contextual language in relation to specific areas of music production, DJ practice and live performance;
• developing and understanding of recording skills;
• methodology in mixing and mastering;
• examination of industry marketing patterns and their successful application in your business model;
• creating your music promotion and marketing strategies;
• creating a functioning website with an end user in mind;
• initiation of a personal development plan.
Graduates of Music Production programme will be able:
• to pursue studies in Master’s programs within VMU or other universities;
• to become a freelance composer or music producer, sound designer;
• to work as an arranger, orchestrator;
• to become a recording engineer and work in TV, Radio or Freelance;
• to become a teacher in music production in the academic/ education system;
• to work on other positions in audiovisual media industry with emphasis on sound and music.