Social studies (JACS L000)
|Awards||BA (Bachelor in Social Sciences)|
|Tuition fee||€1,700.00 per year|
|Application fee||€100.00 one-time
Vytautas Magnus University bank details:
Application fee is not refundable.
You must take verified copies of the entry qualification documents along with you when you finally go to the university.
A motivation letter must be added to your application.
Education Documents (School degree Diploma and Transcript of Records) will need to be assessed by the accredited institution during the first semester of studies.
Study Programme World Politics and Economy incorporates two main disciplines: political science and economy. Graduates of the programme achieve double diploma –Political Science and Economic Science.
Graduates will be able to:
• To explain the political and economic processes in various countries, regions and globally;
• To assess the links between political actors and economic structures in the political systems of various countries;
• To conduct a comparative analysis of political and economic processes, conduct phenomena analysis and predict the future trend of these processes;
• To do a research of political and economic entities‘ singularities and the relationship between them;
• To identify and assess the main political and economic trends in the world;
• To select and identify the optimal direction of economic and political practice;
• To assess newly acquired skills, constantly collect information and critically assess it, and be guided by continual learning provisions
Graduates of the World Politics and Economy Studies program will be able to pursue their studies in more specialized Master’s programmes in political science, economics and other social sciences and humanities at VMU and other Lithuanian or foreign universities , or to engage in practical activities : work as political advisors, reviewers, managers and economists in Lithuanian and foreign public institutions, national embassies, consular offices, non-governmental organizations, the EU and other international organizations, institutions and offices, the private sector, the media and other public information media. Specialists will be able to compare various countries political and economic processes and to initiate , develop and implement a variety of political, social, economic information’ development projects. Graduates will have the knowledge, abilities and skills to develop and implement international projects, actively participate in the EU Neighbourhood region (the Eastern Partnership and the Black Sea Synergy, the Mediterranean Partnership) NGO forums to deal with Eastern Europe and the rest of the world political and economic problems, anticipate potential actions scenarios for the future and at the same time represent Lithuania and other countries.