Business and administrative studies (JACS N000)
|Nominal duration||3 years (180 ECTS)|
|Awards||BA (Bachelor in Social Sciences)|
|Tuition fee||€1,700.00 per year|
|Application fee||€100.00 one-time
Vytautas Magnus University bank details:
Application fee is not refundable.
High school / secondary education (or higher)
The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: English / Lithuanian.
Often you can get a suitable transcript from your school. If this is not the case, you will need official translations along with verified copies of the original.
You must take verified copies of the entry qualification documents along with you when you finally go to the university.
Specific requirements for Non-EU applicants:
Education Documents (School degree Diploma and Transcript of Records) will need to be assessed by the accredited institution during the first semester of studies.
The aim of the Program Economics and Finance is to educate students for the requirements of professional world in economics, in the context of globalization and economic integration; open minded when focusing on economics and financial topics and creatively applying tools of mathematical and statistical analysis,
processing critical thinking, strengthening ability to analyze and assess the changes in economic environment.
The Program is taught entirely in English. It was renewed and it starts with a new concept in 2019.
Program learning outcomes:
1. Ability to apply theories and knowledge of economics and finance that is sufficient for critical thinking during construction of research design and discussions with professional audience
2. Ability to apply theories of management, and marketing together with recent economic knowledge in interdisciplinary studies of economic and finance issues and discussions with various audiences.
3. Ability to assess and forecast changes of economic and financial indicators of organizations, countries and multi-national regions using mathematical, statistical analysis, econometrics knowledge and methods creatively
4. Ability to plan and conduct research, to interpret and conclude the findings in the context of everyday life of organizations and entire economy by using sense thinking.
5. Ability to collect and summarize primary, secondary and tertiary data relevant to solve
economic, financial, social, ethical problems of organizations and countries.
6. Ability to communicate in economic analysis context using English language, produce and deliver economic, financial and business information to various audiences, give their own views, participate in negotiations and work efficiently in cross-cultural environment,
7. Ability to take responsibility for continuous learning and formal and informal professional
development that is necessary to continue their studies and manage the career.
Graduates of Economics anf Finance programme will be able:
• to work as economist in business organizations of various industries;
• to become economic analyst in public and private organizations orientated towards industry surveys and research;
• to work in management team of private and public companies;
• to become an economic-financial consultant for private companies;
• to pursue studies in Master’s programs within VMU or other universities.